Monday, August 11, 2008

BACON, BACON, BACON

It's breakfast time and fresh garden tomato BLT time. You just have to have a bunch of bacon at all times. I LOVE BACON! But as much as I love it, I used to hate cooking it on the stove top. Grease splattering everywhere! Had dinner with Kathy a few months back at her home (grilled bacon cheese burgers) and she showed me a new trick! Bacon baked in the convection oven. I have not fried bacon on the stove top since.Preheat the convection oven to 375 degrees. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper and lay out your bacon. Sprinkle with herbs if you'd like. Peppered bacon is Yummy. I love Penzey's spices http://www.penzeys.com/ Be creative, I haven't tried a spice I didn't like on bacon!
I turn the bacon half the way through the cooking time, it crisps more evenly.


TAA DAA!
Crisp yummy bacon without the mess! Drain bacon on paper towels. Just toss the parchment paper and minimal scrubbing is needed for the sheet pan. Leftover bacon can be stored in the refrigerator and briefly microwaved later to heat.

Who am I kidding ~ who has leftover bacon?
Jasmine just loves bacon!
Kathy ~ thanks for making our life easier and yummier too!
xoxo

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...