Thursday, April 19, 2007

Vaca Week is Almost Over

Vaca week is almost over and what do I have to show for myself?

A mammogram, clean teeth, a termite and mouse inspection by Abair Lavery, lunch with a forever Friend, breakfast with my Sister, Spring cleaning for my 'Golden Girls', new ovens and cupboards, even some spring cleaning for me, paid some bills, planted some pansies, 'movie night' with Roger and Robin (In Pursuit of Happyness), fed the birds and the squirrels, shopped a little (even for groceries), fried chicken like KFC, ran some errands, Blogged a little, and read The Witch of Blackbird Pond by Elizabeth George Speare. Helen and I found it amongst her treasures and she recommended it highly ~ GREAT STORY! Kept me out of trouble almost all week! Thx Helen! I love to read ... for 5 days I moved back and forth from my life to Kit's; 1687 in Wethersfield to 2007 in Bristol, etc. Finished the book just in time to get outside in the sun tomorrow and add some yard work to my list of accomplishments.

~
The Witch of Blackbird Pond is a novel by Elizabeth George Speare that was awarded the Newbery Medal in 1959.

... Sixteen-year-old Kit Tyler has lived most of her life on the sunny island of Barbados, raised by her wealthy grandfather on his plantation. However, his death in 1687 forces her to go live with her only remaining relatives: her Aunt Rachel and Uncle Matthew in Wethersfield, Connecticut in the Connecticut Colony...

... curl up with a good book and have a great weekend (but play outside on Saturday, it's supposed to be very nice)!

xoxo

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...