Sunday, March 16, 2008

momentary setback ... oops

Life can be so complicated, the hustle and bustle of everyday traumas can make us lose focus about what is truly important or what is only a momentary setback or crisis. They say everything happens for a reason and you should never brush aside anyone or anything as insignificant - for there is a lesson that can be learned!

Well I learned my lesson ... spread myself a bit too thin yesterday and hustled and bustled all day! And when it was time to leave home for the Family Annual St. Patrick's Day Party (after I burned the bacon for the traditional Irish Colcannon recipe), I had no time to grab the camera case with a new disc for the camera. Thought I could squeeze on just a few more treasured memories. Well squeeze I did and the poor Sony was chugging along pretty slow at our 2nd Party, Patti's 45th Birthday Party but we got some great pictures of Patti after she won her 'Birthday' pool game. We agreed they would be perfect pictures for her husband, Paul ... until I powered up the camera when I got home and got an error message, "REPAIRING DATA", and those perfect pictures were gone! They weren't repaired, they were chewed up, and GONE! I so wanted those pictures back and tried everything ... but they are gone!
Lesson's I learned ...
  1. slow down you move too fast
  2. get organized and be prepared
  3. learn from your mistakes
  4. and as my Mom would always say, "don't sweat the small stuff"
Here are a few pics from Patti's party that managed to stay, we'll just have to get together again and take more pics!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY PATTI!


The PattiParty
"Good Food, Good Drinks,
and GREAT Friends"
(who said that?)

Linda and Christine now!Linda and Christine then (forever friends)!
Roger and Rick!

Girlfriends!

Linda, Christine, Sandy

Girlfriends!

Patti, Christine, and Sandi

Girls, don't forget about Book Club! (Where, When, etc.?)

reading http://www.elizabethgilbert.com/eatpraylove.htm

and have a

Happy St. Patrick's day

tomorrow!

xoxo

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

GHB's very own Katie Couric! Always so much fun to read ... and the phots are always phenomenal!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...